Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mooched a Vacation to Diego


A few weeks ago I had to go to San Diego for a seminar to get certified in water damage restoration...I know, what could be more exciting right. Well anyway, i was being flown down and had a nice room in La Jolla for three nights so I figured we could mooch of that and squeeze in a mini vacation for the wife and I and besides little sister Heather was nearly in tears for us to visit her in her awful little beach town. It was hard but we sucked it up and toughed it out by taking an extra Friday off and going down three days early to stay on Pacific Beach and hang with the little sis. It was a good time and nice to see that Heather is doing well. We spent a couple days just beach bumming and I took Em to the Zoo. I had no idea she had never been to a good zoo. She was like a cute little kid at the zoo! After that I went to my seminars and Em roughed it at the Hyatt health spa. We also got some great tickets for a Padres game from a work colleague in our San Diego office.

Stayed on da Beach of course

Heather and Emilee hangin out in the ghetto.

Thats Right! I can ride a bike and still take pics.

Who has the longest neck?...sorry, but all other giraffe pictures have to be censored. Those two in the back were acting a little to frisky for a family blog....if ya know what i mean:)

Make monkey sounds now!

Us again

She gets mad if I don't use pics of me so enjoy.

Em's first stadium brat at a ballgame! Go figure?

Box seats...over rated. Liked 1st base better.

The End of this blog but don't cry, I may blog again.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

It makes me so happy when you blog! You don't even know! Cute pictures.

Miss Jackie said...

What!??! She'd never been to a zoo!?!? Sad, sad childhood as far as I'm concerned! :) (teasing) Looks like a really really tough 'work' vacation! :) Wish I could be tortured with things like that more often! :)

Dad said...

That looks similar to my past business conferences. You probably remember a few to Phoenix and Washington DC. I love brats at baseball parks. I grinned through every word of your blog update. You both look great, hope to see you soon.

Heather said...

Its about time you posted a blog about the highlight of your summer! I will come down soon I promise... Maybe at thanksgiving for a turkey buffet! mmmmm

Emily said...

Too late, I am already crying the end of your blog post and anxiously anticipating the next one, so make it SNAPPY!!!

We have REALLY been wanting to come down for a visit, sheesh, I don't know why haven't, what is wrong with us?

Or you could come here to visit! Now that is a terrific idea!

Jeff said...

Nice! I love work trips, I just wish I could pack Em and the kids in my carry on luggage.

I have a few days to burn vacation wise... Are you guys up for a visit in October or November?

I like Heathers Buffet Thanksgiving Idea.

cjanddiane said...

We just need an entire Haslam clan family trip down to visit you guys. I'm glad that you are finding adventure there minus the snow.